The PASSION hotfly superb hipper are a high quality product, suitable for summer fly fishing in shallow water but not only. To make these hipper the same systems and materials as the PASSION chest waders have been used. In fact, they are made of 4 layers of a high-quality microfiber made in Japan assembled with the innovative and intelligent heat-sealing system that has made it possible to give up the thousands of holes caused by the classic seams that are the first cause of water infiltration.
Compared to a classic rubber boot, certainly cheaper, the advantages are enormous. First of all, the PASSION hipper can be combined with a technical wading boot (available separately) which allows you to walk in and out of the river in a much more relaxed, safe and above all comfortable way. The other advantage to take into account is the breathability, which in PASSION hipper is very high and allows you not to sweat too much, especially during the summer.
Below are some of the technical characteristics of the microfibre fabric:
- Water resistance > 30,000 mm (water column)
- Breathability > 4,500 g/m²/24 hours
- Weight: approx. 220 g/m²
- High abrasion and tear resistance
In the 3 mm neoprene booties, a lot of attention has been paid as this is a very delicate point given the numerous joints present here and the strong stresses to which it is subjected. For this reason, the hotfly superb designers had the idea of modifying the neoprene joining lines so as to have as less joints as possible and then protecting them with a much stronger tape than previous models. The sand guards with a fixed position hook are made of the same material as the waders.
Here is a summary of the main features:
- 4 layers of highly breathable, abrasion and tear resistant microfibre fabric (made in Japan)
- Joints made by means of a patented heat-sealing system (no seams)
- Gravel guard made of the same material as the waders, equipped with a hook that stops the position
- 3 mm neoprene booties with joints protected by a very strong tape